Monday, July 02, 2012

Two Birthdays and A Big Trip

Poseidon turned 2 today! We had a simple celebration at home and Nachos and I made him a simple, miniature train cake. Thank goodness for cake molds!






And for dinner, Nachos wanted to make a salad for her dad. She drew out the ingredients and the recipe. We went to the supermarket this morning and bought all the missing items. She instructed me on what to chop up, put everything in the bowl herself and served it. Now if only she would eat a salad herself!


This month is also my birthday month! As it will be my big 4-0, I will do my best to make this a birthday MONTH instead of just celebrating my birthday on the 12th.

Hubby has started the ball rolling and will be taking me to France for 16 days. We will meet up with his best mate and wife and have also reserved an RV which we will pick up at Frankfurt. The Tour de France is also going on now and Hubby is super excited to watch Cadel Evans in action. I'm just glad we have persuaded him NOT to wear a mankini to cheer Evans on while we are there.

It will be our first time driving around in a camper van in France, so I'm a bit nervous about the trip. I will definitely be taking tons of pictures. Wish us luck!

No comments: