Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frustrating

There is a certain website in HK where I sometimes post items we don't need anymore to sell. When we moved to Melbourne on '08, I was able to sell a number of our furniture and even met some nice and really interesting people on these transactions. But today, I am reminded that there are just as many idiots out there.

This morning, I posted a baby mattress on the site and below is the actual ad I wrote:

I have a mattress that was used with the MIBB cot. The cot broke and now we have a lonely mattress. The dimensions are:

50 inches x 26 inches x 4.5 inches

I'm giving it away for free. It is still in pretty good condition. You just need to remove the mattress cover and give it a wash.

You can contact me at xxxxxxxx if interested.

The first call I got was from an Indian sounding guy asking me if I can arrange for delivery. I firmly said no. He mumbled A LOT of other things but I couldn't understand since it was a really bad connection. After a few more firm NO's from me, he asked if it was a single size or double size mattress. What the??? I firmly told him it was for a baby! He hung up. Idiot!

Then just now I get a text from someone, and I quote:

"Is the mattress still available? Is it a single or double size?"

Is this the same guy I spoke to today??? I wasn't in a pleasant mood, so I texted back that yes it was still available and that the answers are all clearly stated on my ad.

He then texts back:

"It says 50" x 26". So either you got it wrong or you're selling a mattress for oompa loompas."

HAHAHA!!! I had such a good laugh reading that message. But after that I texted him back:

"Hello? Its a mattress for a cot!"

And then he texts me back:

"I guess you messed up the measurements when you wrote them then. 50 inches is less than 5 feet. You should really lose the attitude. It's really classless."

I should have texted him back that he was CLUELESS!

Am I the only one who is completely lost as to what his problem is??? I was telling Hubby about what was going on as the texts were coming in. He told me not to respond and waste my time and his hard earned money to pay for my texts to idiot guy, so I didn't.

It's weird, I'm pissed off but at the same time I can't help giggling everytime I think about the oompa loompa text. I kinda feel sorry for the guy. He clearly didn't know what a cot meant. I can just imagine him or her, telling a friend what just happened and then the friend will explain to him/her what a cot is and realize just how much of an idiot he was.

No comments: