Thursday, October 09, 2008

We've Got Wheels


I think in addition to a house, nothing says you've arrived and will be settling down in a specific place more than buying a car.

After looking at all sorts of cars online, we finally decided on the Mazda CX-9. We were supposed to get a second hard car we saw online, but after checking out a new one at the dealer, we realized a new one wasn't much more than the used one. We also decided to get a car that sits 7 in anticipation for when my parents come.

I wasn't expecting much at all when we went to the Mazda dealer. All I wanted was a car that drove, felt safe and didn't feel cramped. My dream was a Lexus, but since it was over our budget, Hubby felt the CX-9 might be a good alternative. I was really impressed when I saw it. I'm glad we were able to find a good compromise in terms of what I dreamed of and what was practical.

Hubby picked up the car yesterday and it was like Christmas in October! That new car smell was intoxicating. After he drove it home we all sat in it, the kids crawled all over it and then we took it for a drive after dinner. I drove it! I was really nervous since I wasn't used to driving on the other side of the road and because the car was wider than a sedan, but it felt good and powerful.

Sigh, we've really arrived and we're here to stay. I need to stop being such a nervous wreck, get my Australian license and drive Bandit drive!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Congratulations on your new car! Nice color. Its a perfect soccer mom car.

Min said...

wow
nice!