Monday, June 09, 2008

My "Free" Sandwich


This is my gluten-free, wheat-free, yeast-free and dairy-free ham and cheese sandwich. It's been a few months now since I've been on my allergen-free diet. It's been tough and although I've found a few places that specializes in allergen-free products, its still tough finding the right foods to fill my tummy up with. So when I made this sandwich the other day, I thought I should take a picture of it, just to signify how far I've come.

But then I took a bite of it and realized I still have a long way to go. It didn't help either that I was reading Christao408's blog on his experimental sour dough bread while eating it because it made me realize just how crap my "free" bread tasted. Believe me, somethings can taste like cardboard even though no one has really eaten cardboard to compare. In the end I just ate the ham and soy-cheese and threw the bread away. I'm almost afraid to give the rest of the loaf a try. And it wasn't cheap either!

I wonder it there's a really good beef-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free cheese burger out there?

No comments: