Monday, November 27, 2006

Hats Off To Dieters

I have a new found respect for dieters. During my last doctor's check-up, she said if I want to try and have Nachos naturally I better get off the chocolates and sweets. She knew I was craving chocolates again this second pregnancy and if I didn't take it easy on the snacking, they'll have to cut Nachos out of me like they did with Boy Wonder.

So after I got home that day, instead of having the last few Tim Tams in the fridge, I offered them to Boy Wonder who loved it. I also took it easy on the white rice and really struggled not to stuff my face each time I had nothing better to do. And even when I had my lunches with the girls, I paced myself and didn't keep refilling my plate. After these 2 weeks of utter awareness of what I've been stuffing in my gob, I have to stay I'm so happy I don't have to do this all the time. I don't think I would have been a skinny person had I not been blessed with fast metabolism. So hats off to all of you dieters out there, I realize now just how difficult it is.

At least all that none excessive snacking has reaped immediate results. I had another check-up again this morning and Nachos had only gained a few ounces. The doctor said she is significantly smaller than Boy Wonder was at this point in my pregnancy and so far chances look ok that I may have her naturally. But it still looks like Nachos has inherted the big head of Hubby's side of the family, so we'll all have to take it as it comes the day Nachos decides to come out.

No comments: