Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Maid for Us

Our fulltime helper started yesterday. And life already feels much more relaxed. For the first time since I moved to HK, dinner was served at our dinning table and after we ate, we didn't have to do much before it was all cleared away. Before we went off to bed I told Hubby I was just going to go into the kitchen to admire how clean and tidy it was. I had a smile on my face seeing the sink clean and empty and no dirty pots and pans on the stove.

But at 6am this morning we already heard her making noises, trying to clean up the apartment. I had to get up and ask her not to start so early because we keep our door open to hear if Boy Wonder cries at night. Later in the morning I told her in the future she can just shut the kitchen door and prepare the food she needs to cook for lunch or dinner. That way she can keep busy but not wake us up.

After I tought her how to make Boy Wonder's french toast and what to prepare for me and Hubby, I sent her off to the market to buy food for the following days. Its so nice to be able to do that!

Now I need to think about what to do with all this spare time. I've asked Boy Wonder if he wants to go to the playroom but he said no. At least the girls will be coming over on Thursday and we can all bring the kids to go swimming. I'm also thinking of signing Boy Wonder up for some art classes, if there is still an opening.

So over all its all going well. I didn't get stressed out when Hubby told me we were having lunch out with some friends on Friday because I know we have a helper now who can keep an eye on Boy Wonder if he starts to run around the restaurant. We're just hoping that he'll get used to our helper enough that we can start leaving him with her in the evenings so we can go out.

So here's to a different kind of lifestyle. I hope everything works out and Hubby will get used to having a fulltime helper around the house from now on.

2 comments:

Min said...

WOW!

Lucky!

Is she filipino?

Our house could use one too...

chris said...

No doubt you'll feel a lot less stressed now. I can't imagine having a maid, but that's because of my egalitarian American upbringing. I'm sure I'd get used to it!