Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Updates

So hubby finally got the job offer we've been waiting for since September! He has turned in his resignation at his current company and should be starting at the new firm in June. After all the prayers and antacids I'm so glad the loooong wait is over.

There were so many nights hubby would be sitting in front of the computer, refreshing his inbox in hopes that tonight is the night. Other nights we would be laying in bed, waiting for the red light to flash on his Blackberry. It was like playing a slot machine. Everytime you pull the lever, you hope you'll get the jackpot but deep down inside you know you won't. That was exactly how I felt each time the red light lit up. Good thing hubby was the optimist and of course like he always says, he was right.

Another joyous event is that we've officially hired a part-timer to come in 3 times a week to cook and clean. I think I'm in love! I feel all warm and funny inside 3 times a week when I see my kitchen neat and shiney without me having to lift a finger. And then I see a nice hot meal waiting for me in that nice clean kitchen. Now we just need to graduate to when we can get someone fulltime so Boy Wonder won't be so attached to me anymore.

I also went out and spent big money last week and got my hair permed. I've always wanted wavy, not too curly hair like Meg Ryan, so last Saturday hubby watched Boy Wonder while I ventured off to get waves. Good thing the salon was having a special for a cut, perm and treatment. They even had a picture of Meg Ryan! So I happily pointed to her head and said do your thing. A few hours later, I was close to tears because it didn't come out the way I thought it would. But hubby said it looks good and the ladies during Luis' bday party yesterday all said it looks good, so I'll have to take their word for it. I'm just thinking this could be the last time I EVER think about perming my hair again. Ever.

2 comments:

ragamuffin girl said...

It did look good, Bandit (the hair). Why Bandit? I always forget to ask. And thank goodness you have a part-timer! That means part-time f-r-e-e-d-o-m! Gotta work on the full-time freedom thing now, but that's gonna come... now that hubby is officially Mr. Pirated by Number 1 Consultancy Company. Yipee!!!!

Min said...

POST SOME PICTURES!