Sunday, January 29, 2006

Doggy Style

It's weird how I've started to give more meaning to Chinese New Year rather than the normal new year these past few years. Not that I go out there and load up on Chinese food, burn incense and stuff, but rather think back on the year that has just passed and ask myself what I have achieved and what I am thankful for. And of course I can't help adding in a few thoughts on who's pissed me off this past year and who has "debts" they need to pay before the year is over. Oh heck, I'll just leave it all to karma.

Since I moved to HK, this is the first Chinese New Year where I did not cook any special meals to commemorate the occasion. When we were living in Happy Valley, I remember cooking up a storm in our tiny kitchen. I cooked the meat, fish, egg wrapped dumplings, soup, veggies and something else. I didn't go overboard the following year and then this year I did crud. Hubby was the one who stepped in and cooked his signature curry. It was great! All I did were the dishes and even Baby Wonder enjoyed his meal.

So far this Dog year is starting off just fine. My friend who has been trying to get pregnant for a few years just found out she's pregnant. Yey! We are all in good health, hubby has a great job, our investments look good still (fingers crossed) and hubby and I still want to jump each other (ok, maybe not everyday, but the desire is still strong, haha!). We may not live in the lap of luxury, but as the clock struck midnight last night, I was trully happy and thankful for the life I have and the people that surrounds me. I feel blessed.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this year will bring. I wish all my relatives and friends good health, good luck and lots of love!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hope you meant soup and not soap. Don't think your hubby's mouth is that bad. :)

Glad things are going great! Hope the rest of the year of the Dog will treat you as well! See you next week.

Bandit said...

thanks Pam =) I corrected it na. Haha, it would be funny if I even made some soap!